Monday, December 20, 2010

just one of the perks

Last Sunday, I got a little treat.  
salu 12-10

A little over a year ago, I gave one of my neighbors a sweater and hat set just like this for her soon to be born baby girl.


.

Remembering how quickly infants grow, and how they spend most of their time covered up with blankets anyway, I purposely made the set in the 12-18 month size, figuring that it would fit the baby perfectly the next time winter came around.

(That would be now.)

So, you can imagine my joy when last Sunday, as I was sitting in church waiting for our services to start, I looked back and saw this mother carrying her almost one-year-old baby who just happened to be wearing "my" hat and sweater.  It was the first time I'd seen it on her, and I'm not exaggerating in the least when I say that she looked absolutely adorable.

Yet another reason I love to crochet.  

1 comment: