Monday, December 6, 2010

Yarn Review--Caron Simply Soft

As I've thought over how I might review the yarns that I use most, I've decided to start with what is probably my very favorite yarn, in terms of value for the price, which is Caron Simply Soft.

I use Caron Simply Soft yarn for most of my children and infant hats, basic scarves, and baby blankets.  As the name implies, it's softer than many yarns, which makes it ideal for these projects.  The 6 oz skeins come with the benefit of a no dye lot option, which means I can buy them in 2-3 skeins at a time, rather than feeling the need to buy out a whole die lot anytime I'm starting a project.  Best of all, my local Wal-Mart carries it for $2.97 per skein, and will special order any colors that they don't stock, if I just call them.  (I've learned that it's best not to call in December though--those people are run ragged in December, and I end up spending a lot of time on hold.).

So, with that overview, here are some facts for the "drill down to the meat" people:

Type: Caron Simply Soft
Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic
Weight: Worsted Weight
Care Instructions: Machine wash, warm gentle cycle. Machine dry, low heat, delicate cycle
Places I've Purchased this Yarn:  Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, Michaels, Mary Maxim (on-line)
Price: Ranges from $3 to $5 per 6 oz skein

And, now for the more visual oriented people--here are some pictures of things I've made using this yarn:

salu 12-10




1 comment: