Several months ago, I found myself presented with a few graduation announcements for some dear girls (yes, I realize that we are now in the season for school starting, not ending. What can I say? I'm behind with blogging), and I determined that the perfect gift for them would be some handmade soap, paired with a few hand-crocheted cotton washcloths. Only, I wanted something cuter than the cloths that I generally make.
Enter Kara's Crochet Flower Cleansing Pads. I found this pattern through a google image search, and boy, and I ever grateful! The flowers worked up quickly, and they turned out darling. Once I get caught up on all my other projects, I hope to make several more in different colors.
I love making something that is pretty to look at and functional. Don't you?
Monday, August 19, 2013
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Active Projects (work on one or more of these every day or close to that)
- Beard Beanie Work
- Dishcloths for the Bear Lake Cabin (not mine--just to be clear), Make some for Kate, just as long as I'm at it.
- Finish Halter Top Dresses, make one for Abby as well
- Restock Fingerless Gloves, maybe make some in a soft wool.
- Make Halter Top Dresses either for gifts or for sale
Back Burner, but still on the stove
- Afghan for Bear Lake Cabin--once colors are chosen
- Ipad sleeve
- Make scripture carrier for my daughter
- Make market bag
- Make 5 Baby Girl Dresses (or sweaters) for future gifts
- restock dishcloth sets, also try at least one new pattern
- Go through old stock, either donate or re-purpose items that are consistent non-sellers
- Crochet legwarmers
- Christmas presents for those people that I can't put here on the internet.
- Secret present for Eric (c.p.)
- Several camo hats to go with picture that Harmony took, list in shop.
- Restock Chunky Beige Scarf
- Restock Lacey Scarf
- Restock/add to newsboy cap stock
- Make a scarf/cowl like the one Tonia asked about.
- Work on (finish?) garden of pink baby blanket, write up pattern.
- Make a hairband something along the lines of this.
- Dodger hat for Doug (?)
- Make tassel hat in toddler size (and colors), list in etsy shop
Someday, (I hope!)
- Reclaim yarn from thrift store sweaters
- Make/Design Beret
- New Winter Cap for me, using that big button and 3 already made flowers.
- Design/Make Potholders (for wedding gifts)
- Design/experiment with long stocking caps (Robert)
- Afghan for M.E.C.
- Make/Design Soap Socks for family, gifts, possibly etsy shop.(popcorn stitch on one side, plain on the other.
- Re-learn to tat.
|Image courtesy of vrangtantebrun|
- Use up scrap yarn--new living room afghan? Grandma Long Afghan?
- Make those dishtowels that hang from the stove
- Make/Design leg warmers for H and other girls?
- Make/Design/Refine Convertible Mittens pattern
- Go through specialty yarn, imaginate (scarves?)
- Make infant hats with interchangeable buttons to give as shower and general new baby gifts.