Monday, April 9, 2012

a fun little diversion

Not long ago, I got a message from a woman who was due to have a baby boy in about two weeks.  She wanted a hat to use in the newborn shots of her baby, and she wanted it to be in green and tan, her university colors.

She found this hat in my shop, and asked me if I could make one like it, but smaller (for a newborn) and with more stripes.

Here's what I came up with:

Photobucket

I forgot to set my camera with the "close-up" setting, so it's a little blurry.  Still, this gives the the general idea.

To make it, I followed my basic beanie pattern , with the following adjustments.

  • I used a F size crochet hook
  • I had 6 sc in my center
  • I went until there were 7 sc in between each set of doubles, then I started just going around evenly on each row.  
  • Once I got to where I wasn't doing any more doubles, I went a row or two with the green, then added two rows of tan.  Then 4 more rows of green, then two more rows of tan.  Then 9 rows of green, the another row of green, but just in the front loop (making the "fold up" row).  Then I turned and crocheted the other way, making 3 rows of green and ending with two rows of tan





 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment