Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More scarves--does it get any better?

In case you couldn't tell, I'm in a scarf mood lately.  I love love love scarves.  There's something about having a nice soft scarf around my neck that helps me keep warm from my head to my toes.  Some days (usually Saturdays) I'll go around all day with a scarf around my neck.  I find that they are particularly helpful in the evenings when my house is just cool enough so that I'm uncomfortable, but not so cold that I feel like (spending the money by) turning up the heat.  When that's the case, sometimes all it takes is one little scarf around my neck, and I'm good to putter around until bedtime.

So, since I'm in a scarf mood today, I thought I'd post some links to some scarf patterns that I've been hankering to work up.



First of all, Marie Ann over at  
Every Day Crochet  has posted 
a stitch combination that is simple
as can be, but yields results that 
look distinguished and unique.  
My favorite kind of crocheting!  
You can find the introduction
here, and then the actual 
directions right here

I love this Mermaid Scarf--so fun!

This Mirror Lake Scarf looks like 
it might be a little complicated, but 
probably well worth the effort.





I have a whole shoebox full of beads 
leftover from past hobbies.  This bead
perfect way to use up some of those 
beads, AND bring a little extra happiness 
to some of my eighteen nieces!  
(Not to mention my own little girl.)






 
 


Then there's the Noro Catherine Wheel
Scarf.  Unique.  Delightful.  Am I up to 
the challenge of this one?  Here's 
hoping!


And finally, we have this bloom scarf.  
Perhaps not quite right for November, 
but come February, I'll be pining for 
Spring, and this will be just the thing.  
(Please note that to see this pattern, 
you have to register for the Lion Brand 
yarn site.)




And there you have it, some of my favorites.  
What about you?
Do you have a scarf pattern that you particularly like or want to try?




1 comment: