Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Soft Scarf City

(Say that seven times fast!  I dare you!)

Photobucket



A few years ago, I gave several of my friends and family members crocheted scarves and hats at Christmastime. I had kind of forgotten about that, but a few days ago I was talking to my sister, and she reminded me of a set that I gave her.  I used Lions Brand Homespun yarn, which ended up being a great choice.  The yarn is soft and comforting, and because it's a bulky weight, everything works up super quickly.  Best of all, since the yarn is acrylic, the items made from it are machine washable.

So, Saturday  I was browsing around in Michael's (in high heeled boots and a skirt, with my impatient toddler girl and dragging-his-feet-and-being-obnoxious-while-trying-to-be-funny-all-at-the-same-time husband)(but that's another story), and discovered their entire stock of Homespun on sale!  I took it as a sign from the good crochet fairy, and bought a bunch.  I started on a scarf that evening, and will be making several more over the next week or so.  Some will probably go for Christmas presents, and some will be for sale in my Etsy shop.  But let's be honest for a second, shall we?  At least two of them are going to go straight to me.

It's advertising, right?  Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that my idea of winter heaven is to be able to wear a different scarf every day of the week if possible.  Absolutely not.  This is pure advertising.

It's a rough job, but someone's got to do it. 





Homespun collage courtesy of:

No comments:

Post a Comment