Monday, March 28, 2011

Plarn

I'm over-run with plastic grocery bags. Now, before you get after me, telling me that I'm not doing my part to save our planet, let me say that I do own cloth grocery bags, and I use them regularly.  However, I often make quick drop-in/spur-of-the-moment trips to the store, and on those trips I don't generally have my cloth bags with me.  So, I've been saving my plastic guys (I use them for liners for the bedroom and bathroom trash cans around my house--probably like most of you), and I've reached the point where I've got too many to deal with.

It's definitely time to make some plarn.

I did a little research to find some plarn-making techniques. For future reference, and for any of you who are looking for the same, I've posted the links that I've found to be the most helpful:

Instructions from My Recycled Bags















How to make Plarn and Crochet an Eco-Friendly Tote Bag from Etsy.com
 
(I think these instructions are my favorite )












Here's a video that's pretty good too:




1 comment:

  1. I think those look really neat. Something I could get into. Let me know how yours work out.

    ReplyDelete