Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sashay

A bit ago, a young neighbor of mine (who knows that I crochet) pointed to a beautiful frilly crochet scarf that another of our neighbors was wearing, and asked if I could teach her how to make one. 

I didn't know, but I figured I could probably find out, and so I asked her for a bit of reconnaissance time. After a google search or two, I found what I was looking for at good old redheart.com

Specifically, I found this pattern. The yarn needed is called Red Heart Sashay, and it's more ribbon than yarn, which accounts for the frills all through the scarf.

And then, I worked up this scarf:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Would you believe that this whole scarf is made up of a foundation chain row, followed by row after row of 4 single crochet stitches? Getting my fingers used to working with the ribbon yarn has been kind of tricky, but not unenjoyable.


Regardless of all of this, the scarf is frilly, fun, and I love the texture of it. I can see me making more like them in the future.  

(And I recently taught my young neighbor as well.)




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment