Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wow. No wonder it was getting unwieldy!

I realized the other night that my "Work-In-Progress/Stuff I Want to Make/Stuff I've Started but not Finished/etc.etc.etc." collection was become very unwieldy.

So, I'm going to take the opportunity here and now to get a bunch of it written down and hopefully more organized.  Special thanks for Tami for helping me to have a little more motivation to do so!

With that in mind, here's my list:



Active Projects (work on one or more of these every day or close to that)
  • Contract work for Beardbeanie.com.

  • Finish up hat and flowers for Corinne, take photos? (Organize stash along with this.)(Make additional flowers for Etsy packaging along with this as well.)
  • Hugs and Kisses baby blankets for Leah, Jocelyn, & Esplin niece, as well as 1 extra boy and 1 extra girl blanket to hold "in reserve" for possible future births. (See here for Jocelyn's preferred colors.)
Photobucket





Back Burner, but still on the stove
  • Finish up Smoky Mountain Dishcloth Restock

  • Go through everything in the clear tote, decide if I'm going to finish it or not.  If yes, put it on this list.  If no, donate it or toss it.
  • Several camo hats to go with picture that Harmony took, list in shop.

  • Restock Chunky Beige Scarf
  • Restock Lacey Scarf

  • Restock Slippers
  • Restock/add to newsboy cap stock
salu 3-11
  • Restock fingerless gloves
  • Make more peach fingerless gloves, then list with pics of Barbara's
Photobucket


  • Make a scarf/cowl like the one Tonia asked about.
  • Work on (finish?) garden of pink baby blanket, write up pattern.
  • Make a hairband something along the lines of this.


Someday, (I hope!)
  • Reclaim yarn from thrift store sweaters
  • Make/Design Beret
  • New Winter Cap for me, using that big button and 3 already made flowers.
  • Design/Make Potholders (for wedding gifts)
  • Design/experiment with long stocking caps (Robert)
  • Afghan for M.E.C.
  • Re-learn to tat.
  • Use up scrap yarn--new living room afghan?  Grandma Long Afghan?
  • Make those dishtowels that hang from the stove
  • Make/Design leg warmers for H and other girls?
  • Make/Design/Refine Convertible Mittens pattern
  • Dodger hat for Doug
  • Go through specialty yarn, imaginate (scarves?)


Well, there's the list.  It's a little daunting, but having it all written out like this feels amazing.  Whew!  A little bit of order!  All that out of my brain and out where I can see it and keep track of it.  Nice.

I'm not planning to participate in this kind of a WIP every week, but I can see myself doing this every month or two.  I guess I'll try it and see how helpful it is.




 Photobucket





 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love lists like this. They so help to keep you focused and let you spend less time thinking about what might have fallen through the cracks :) I love your list, and look forward to seeing some of those someday projects. (Especially the dodger hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long list! At least having it all written down means it is easy to keep track, and you get the satisfaction of ticking things off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it make me weird that I, as a woman, really want a beardini? That part of my face always gets SO COLD, but I can't stand having anything over my mouth and nose--besides everything else, it makes my glasses fog up!
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete