Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ripple Stitch Afghan--child/baby size

This is an afghan I worked up for a niece of mine.  She's five, and has been carrying around the same green ripple afghan since she was a baby.  It was getting pretty worn out, and so her mother and I persuaded her that she should have a new one.  (The hope is that she will eventually exchange the new one for the old one, and the old one will mysteriously disappear, but that part is out of my hands.)

Anyway, my niece asked for a blue afghan with some pink in it.  So, I looked through my stash, found some yarn that I thought would be appropriate, and voila!

Photobucket

Photobucket

She loves it.  She must have thanked me for it four times today.  Then she asked me if I could make her another one.  Then my own daughter (who is already the proud owner of three hand crocheted child-size blankets) asked me for one as well.  I guess you could say it was a hit.  Huzzah!



Here's the pattern:

Crochet Hook Size J

Chain 130.

Row 1:  Dc in 3rd ch from hook; dc in next 6 ch, 3 dc in next ch, dc in next 6 ch; *work 3 st dec in next 3 ch, dc in next 6 ch, 3 dc in next ch, dc in next 6 ch; Repeat from * across.  End by working 2 st dec in last 2 ch.  Ch 3 and turn.

Row 2:  Skip first dc; dc in next 7 dc, 3 dc in next dc, dc in next 6 dc; *work 3 st dec in next 3 stitches, dc in next 6 dc, 3 dc in next dc, dc in next 6 dc;  Repeat from * across.  End by working 2 st dec in last 2 dc.  Ch 2 and turn.

Repeat Row 2 until afghan is the length that you want, changing colors as you like.  For the afghan pictured here, I made 54 rows total.








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment